Mr Franchise helps create new businesses. We operate in a growing marketplace where an increasing number of people wish to get into business ownership for themselves. When you consider the facts, the potential for the Mr Franchise matchmaking service is phenomenal:
- Every year around 400,000 new limited companies are registered (and these are additional to people setting up in business as sole traders/partnerships).
- According to the recent BFA/NatWest franchise survey, less than 4,000 new franchised businesses are set-up – ie less than 1% of the new business formations.
- This is very surprising, since after 5 years, around 80% of new businesses will no longer be trading, whereas 90%+ well-structured franchises will be flourishing.
- In addition, if you speak to locally-based ‘business advisors’ (Chambers of Commerce etc), you will find both a lack of awareness and a lack of knowledge about franchising.
- Most outplacement companies working with executives who have been made redundant, do not suggest that their clients consider franchise ownership.
- Whilst banks are very supportive of the franchise sector (lower risk etc), in general, they do not suggest to prospective new start-up enterprises that they look at franchising as an alternative to DIY – even though they know that the chances of that business achieving long-term success are less than 20%.
Mr Franchise helps individuals who wish to consider owning their own business to:
- Determine whether or not they are suited to such a career move
- Decide if franchising could be a good option for them
- Determine which franchise(s) would be most suitable given their personal attributes, requirements and resources.
We do this through a structured process of:
- Initial meeting to carry out a fact-find & complete an on-line profile
- Second meeting to present report and recommendations
- Third step is to agree which brand is preferred (from the recommendations), and manage the on-going discovery process for that concept
- ‘Handhold’ candidate through to completion on preferred brand, or with an alternative, as appropriate.
Candidates – individuals who wish to consider business/franchise ownership.
Franchisors – we only work with proven and successful franchise concepts – our ‘portfolio’ of brands includes sufficient options to enable us to recommend to candidates relevant concepts based on:
- Investment level
- Geographic availability
- Vertical market
- Business model (eg home-based, man & van, management, etc)
Our fee structure works as follows:
- Initial commitment fee from each candidate who goes through the matchmaking system. This fee is refunded if the candidate completes our full service, and invests in a franchise as a consequence.
- Success fee paid by franchisor to Mr Franchise
Your income is determined by the number of candidates placed with franchisors, and by way of illustration, if you were to average 2 per month, we would expect your annual revenue to exceed £100,000. However, we recommend that you budget for no income during your first 6 months trading, whilst you establish links with your local business community.
- In-house training at Head Office and in your territory – covering all aspects of methodology, brands with which we work, marketing and all other aspects of the business model
- External 3 month training programme to become a certified networker
- Franchise Industry training
Launch Marketing Programme
Tailored programme developed for your territory, which will include:
- Seminars for ‘referral partners’, and prospective clients
- Leaflet drops
- Social media campaign
- PR campaign
- Joint activity with local business associations (eg Chamber of Commerce)
Designed to provide all you’ll need to launch your business, including:
- Leaflets, business cards, lapel badge
- Exhibition banners
- Plaque for local office
- Templates for other stationery items
- Local website
Comprehensive Support – initial & on-going
- Regular communication via email, teleconference, and meetings to support our franchisees in achieving their business plans
- Availability for presentations to prospective clients or partners
- Covering all aspects of running a successful Mr Franchise brokerage & consultancy.
OUR FRANCHISE NETWORK
We are developing a national network comprising 50 franchised regions, each servicing a population of 1.2M+ people. Currently we have franchisees in Lancashire and Cheshire.
A successful Mr Franchise regional director will have the following ‘essential’ attributes:
- Vision to become a centre of excellence for the promotion and creation of ethical franchised businesses in your region
- Lives in the designated Mr Franchise region
- Proven sales & marketing capability – ideally including the use of networking
- Great interpersonal skills – especially one-to-one communication
- Service Orientation – with a strong desire to help others achieve their life goals
- Supportive Home Environment – ideally with a working spouse/partner to ease financial pressures during start-up phase
- Analytical Skills – the ability to identify core characteristics of a candidate, and match to a relevant concept
- Self-motivated – ability to work successfully from a home-office
- Financial capability – sufficient to launch your business and sustain you until you become established
In addition to the foregoing, if you have existing networks that you can ‘tap into’, that would be a real bonus; so too, some past involvement in the franchise sector, but neither of these attributes is essential for you to be successful with Mr Franchise.
- The franchise fee is £19,950 + VAT
- Additional costs which you may incur (eg suitable IT equipment/software) mean that you should allow for another £3,000 of set-up costs
- Finally, there is the working capital requirement – this will cover both general running costs (travel, meeting rooms, etc), plus of course your own drawings requirement to cover domestic expenses
- We recommend that you assume that the business will not generate any drawings revenue until month 7.
- If our franchise is of interest, we can provide you with a template business plan, which will enable you to produce a personalised cash flow model.
For further information, please complete and send the form below.