The British Franchise Association (BFA) has announced the 14 finalists in the BFA/HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards 2012, supported by Express Newspapers. The shortlisted franchisors were selected from a range of business sizes and industries across the UK and represent sectors as diverse as home cleaning services to global telecommunications.
The awards, now in its 23rd year, showcase ethical and innovative business ideas and the inspiring people behind them. They bring to life the stories of the exceptional franchisors supporting their franchisee network and building strong brands – serving to motivate the next generation of franchisors and franchisees.
There are three categories for the awards: The BFA/HSBC Franchisor of the Year Award; The HSBC Franchisee Support Award; and The Express Newspapers Brand Builder of the Year Award. The shortlisted franchisors in each category are highlighted below:
BFA/HSBC Franchisor of the Year Award, supported by Express Newspapers
- Autosmart International – van-based sales to automotive industry
- Driver Hire – recruitment agency specialising in transport and logistics personnel
- TaxAssist Accountants – accountancy and tax
- Home Instead Senior Care – one-to-one, non-medical care for seniors in their homes
- McDonald’s Restaurants – quick service restaurants
HSBC Franchisee Support Award
- O2 – retailing of mobile phones/telecommunications
- Jasper’s – corporate catering
- Countrywide Signs – estate agency ‘For Sale’ boards service
- Maid2Clean – management agency for domestic cleaning
- Auditel – cost management consultancies
Express Newspapers Brand Builder of the Year Award
- EnviroVent – home improvements and energy saving
- Wiltshire Farm Foods – home meals delivery service
- Cafe2U – mobile espresso coffee service
- Mac Tools – van-based sales of automotive tools
The finalists have been invited to present to the judging panel, face-to-face, on the 15th or 16th May 2012. The winners in each of the three categories will be announced at the 23rd British Franchisor of the Year Awards gala dinner on 21st June 2012 at the Telford International Centre.
Cathryn Hayes, head of franchising at HSBC Bank, said: “What these businesses have in common is the implementation of innovative practices that are driving industry standards. The HSBC Franchisee Support Award recognises these outstanding franchisors for the strategic direction and support they offer their network of franchisees. Their stories are an inspiration to businesses of all sizes across the UK.”
Brian Smart, director-general of the BFA, added: “We are seeing businesses challenge industry standards and employ ethical business practices in order to inspire future franchisors and franchisees. Our finalists are being recognised for doing just that. The BFA/HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards offer a chance for UK franchisors to be acknowledged for these successes and we very much look forward to showcasing the best of the best at our gala dinner in June.”
Seán Hammond, head of franchising at Express Newspapers, said that the judges had received a high standard of entries and had seen a real focus on franchisors building and maintaining their brand. “The BFA/HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards, supported by Express Newspapers, provides a platform for the most innovative and inspiring brand builders to share their successes and be rewarded for their achievements.”
For further information, visit www.thebfa.org or call the BFA on 01865 379 892.