As part of a new “Introduction to the World” franchise development and marketing package for aspiring franchisors, the International Franchising Centre (IFC) has arranged a British Franchise Village at the International Franchise Exhibition (IFE) in New York on June 15-17.
Launching the new initiative at the Franchise Business Booster Conference & Supplier Showcase, Brian Duckett (pictured), chairman of the International Franchising Centre, said, “It is time UK franchisors realised the potential for exporting their business systems. Provided they proceed with caution and the right advice there is a world of opportunity out there, and it fits with the government’s aim of increasing exports and trading our way out of difficult times”.
Reading a statement from IFE organisers, Duckett told representatives from more than 50 franchisors: “After spending the last 20 plus years in the nation’s Capitol, the IFE is moving to the business capital of the world, the Big Apple, New York City and we have received an exemption from the State of New York, allowing non-registered international franchisors to exhibit without registering in New York to sell franchises”.
Over those 20 years the IFE has attracted tens of thousands of visitors to its events in Washington and they have been a significant catalyst to the global expansion of franchising.
The IFE is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and promoted worldwide as part of its International Buyers Program. More than 150 U.S. Embassies through their Foreign Commercial Service Offices actively promote the IFE within their regions and bring official escorted delegations from around the world. Last year there were 1,300 international visitors and 29 foreign delegations, representing more than 50 countries.
Another event, which is part of IFC’s new initiative, is the “Passport Through Europe” Global Master Franchise Forum in Venice on March 23 and 24.
Arranged by Franchise Pool International, a group of consultants and brokers which operates throughout Europe and of which IFC is the UK partner, this event gives franchisors from around the world the opportunity to learn about individual European franchise markets and to meet franchise brokers, representing qualified investors from more than 20 countries.
Duckett said: “With support from our consultants and UKTI, the door to the world is open to UK franchisors who have the vision and the drive to grow internationally – and weekends in New York and Venice never hurt anybody.”
Details of the “Introduction to the World” package, of which these two events form just a part, are available from email@example.com, or by calling 01904 561 598.
Features of the package include the following:
- One year’s inclusion on www.themasterfranchisecentre.com, the only website in the world dedicated to international franchise opportunities.
- Access to a proven system for dealing effectively with international enquiries.
- Delegate pass to the International Franchise Association Convention in Orlando, Florida, February 11-14.
- Delegate pass to the “Passport Through Europe” international franchise forum in Venice, Italy, March 22-24, where you will meet experienced franchise brokers, representing qualified investors from more than 20 countries
- Representation in the British Franchise Village at the International Franchise Exhibition (IFE) in New York, June 15-17, where your brand will be exposed to more than 1,000 buyers from over 50 countries